Saturday, January 22, 2011

Paris Project

In about two weeks time I will venture into the very electronic impulse that pumps the heart of the fashion industry. An international fabric fair called ‘Première Vision’ in Paris, where about eight thousand fabric manufactures, thousands of more fashion designers and other creative’s besides will gather to sift through a variable plantation of fabrics. We shall rummage through to find all that is perfect in weight, hand, colour, drape, price, yardage, performance and feel for each of the hundreds of designs that my colleague and I have been working on for the last couple of months. I am daunted. Not least of all by the problem of my wardrobe… having lived in the desert for three years, I own exactly two winter garments. Just two. In the space of two weeks, on a self-imposed min budget, I need to design, make, alter and buy a wardrobe suitable for a professional five-day work trip into winter’s style wonderland. I begin with one winter coat of coarse brown/black wool and one pair of relatively warm black trousers. I shall post further upon progression.

No comments:

Post a Comment